However, this time gave me the opportunity to more fully explore, in between screwing in the 256th IKEA screw and trying to remember which trash can to use. More on the trash later...once I get it figured out. ;)
Here are 6 fun things I thought you might enjoy learning about our house:
1. We live in the bottom half of a large home built in 1907 +/-. We have the first floor (ground floor that you can see from the front picture below), the Souterrain (floor below - similar to a walk-out basement), and the floor below that which is the cellar and includes our laundry room.
2. This is our new washing machine. It's wash cycle is 3+ hours.
I'm wondering if this button might help speed that up? (translation courtesy of Google Translate app)
3. This is our Swedish dryer. The instructions are all in Swedish. It's not like an American dryer but more like a dehumidifier that blows air at the clothes. It can also take hours. Because of the time and the fact that electricity is expensive, most people just hang their clothes to dry on racks.
4. We have these really awesome outdoor window shades. They are electric & will go up or down with the press of a button. When they are closed, they are completely light-blocking. Here's a pic of the front of the house with them closed.
6. Our microwave says I can put aluminum foil in it and grill meat. So there's that too. We'll make sure to invite you when we grill out. You can bring the fire extinguisher.